Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Fresh start

I love gardening. I love feeling the dirt, watching the plants grow, harvesting and cooking up tasty veggies. I read seed catalogs and plant books and hang around with soil scientists and plant researchers. Sadly, I'm not a good gardener.

I tend to work in starts and stops. Get really enthusiastic about a project and throw myself into it, only to get distracted by another interesting bauble and swim off in that direction. Art pieces can wait patiently until I get back to them. Gardens, not so much. Tearing up the lawn and building a raised bed, planting starts was all well and good, but then forgetting about it and not watering for a few months didn't work so well.

But I have a plan. A long term project. A goal. A new garden.

After clearing space back in November then promptly not planting anything for 3 months, I finally spent Sunday reworking the soil and direct seeding some (late) cool weather crops as well as getting some starts going for the warm season. It's a new year for me and I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment